How much does a private investigator cost? It can vary widely among private investigative agencies and from the many different types of investigative services, such as child custody, trademark infringement or skip tracing investigations. Sometimes a flat rate can be provided. Other times investigative services, in part, are based on an hourly rate. From our experience we generally find private investigators charge an hourly rate between $65.00-$125.00/hour. Importantly, there are other possible fees to factor in. For example, if travel time and mileage is charged a lower hourly rate may result in the investigation being more expensive in the end. At Connecticut Investigative Solutions to help answer the question about how much does a private investigator cost it is important to understand your needs and what the objective is. From there investigative options can be explored and cost effective pricing can better be discussed.
Factors In Determining Fees/Costs Can Include:
- The type and length of the investigation
- Special equipment that may be needed
- The location of the investigation
- The number of investigators that are used
- Possible expenses involved
Questions To Ask
Regardless of the investigative agency you may use, you should ask:
- Do you charge for a consultation?
- Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
- Is a retainer required, and if so, are retainer amounts not used refunded?
- For pricing information in writing prior to starting the investigation.
- When will the investigation start and how long does it take to complete?
- Who will be my point of contact?
Connecticut Investigative Solutions offers very competitive pricing, and the costs and fees are provided in writing prior to beginning case. There is no charge for an initial phone consultation. If you think you may need the services of a private investigator give us a call – Jon Dommel, licensed private investigator.
Owner’s Personal Message
“I run my business with the strong belief that if I provide my clients with an exceptional level of service in a cost effective and professional manner they will come back to me in the future with their investigative needs.”
Read just a few client provided testimonials below of what people have to say about Connecticut Investigative Solutions, LLC. (At the understandable request of the client or for other confidential business purposes only the initials of client names are used.)